Beat Out All Cash Offers on Sonoma County Real Estate
I beat out all cash offers all the time in the Sonoma County Real Estate Market. All cash offers sound great but when you look at the contracts that go with them the details are not that great. I can write a better offer than 80% of the “ALL CASH” that I see come across my desk. There are five key components to a successful offer.
- Price. How did the seller come up with the price and what comps were used. A perfectly priced home should land within 10% of the asking price. Variations on this are easy to spot right away.
- What is the Sellers Goal. 1031 exchange, a job change, downsize all have different demands on the seller and the buyer should support these needs when possible and usually free.
- Pre Approval Letter and Letters from Buyers. This is old school stuff but I have written a couple of offers that were $10,000. less than other offers but the sellers were able to connect with good information about the buyers and their family.
- A Clean Offer. With the previous data it is possible to write a clean offer that goes to the top of the seller’s list.
- Flexibility. Be nice, have a backup plan for delays. Have one going in. The process is already tough enough without extra pressure from minor delays.
Sellers want fast clean transactions with no surprises. Your team should perform with shorter close times, pre appraisals and more knowledge of the homes condition. This allows you to offer really short contingency periods. Short contingency periods mean the seller is going to get his money fast and they don’t care if it is cash. They just want their money.
Sonoma County Real Estate
There are so many types of Sonoma County Real Estate and with that a wide variety of loans and lenders. Each has a specialty and it is my job to connect the dots for you. I interview a few lenders a week that are Bankers, Mortgage Brokers, Credit Unions and Hard Money Lenders.
Call me at 707-888-9115 and let’s talk money!